"Kids for Character" was a program that was released on VHS in 1996. It was a charity special about moral character that featured many different children's characters. It was produced by The Character Counts! Coalition and was from Lyrick Studios. The host of the show is Tom Selleck. Music is composed by Joe Phillips who was best known for his work on the Barney Franchises since 1995.
Learn the 6 pillars of character with the Kids for Character kids and more TV show characters like Barney, The Puzzle Place gang, The Magic School Bus cast, Lamb Chop, Binyah Binyah, and Babar.
- It's Your Character that Counts
- Six Simple Words
- It's Not Fair
- Limbo (from Gullah Gullah Island)
- Friends and Family (from Gullah Gullah Island)
- Kids For Character (songs)
- Baby Bop
- Min (only in Barney segment)
- Shawn (only in Barney segment)
- Tosha (only in Barney segment)
- Julie Woo (from The Puzzle Place)
- Ms. Frizzle (from The Magic School Bus)
- Lamp Chop (from Lamb Chop's Play-Along)
- Binyah Binyah (from Gullah Gullah Island)
- King Babar (from Babar)
- Other cartoon characters
- The Late 1994-1995 Baby Bop costume from in "Shopping for a Surprise!" is used When this was it was closed captioned by Caption Technologies, Inc., replacing the Caption Center's original closed captioning from 1996 After this special, Stephen White took a hiatus from the series The Late 1994-1995 BJ costume from in "I Can Be a Firefighter!" The Barney segment and song in the video were written and created specifically for the video, while the Barney costume was also use in "Room for Everyone" is used. B.J. does not appear during the Barney Segment He Just in the middle and the end of this video this the first time since Barney Safety where Philip Parker serves as the song writer is still closed-captioned by Media Access Group at WGBH The musical arrangements and background music used in this home video were also heard in new materiel of Barney Songs (video), Let's Go to the Land of Make-Believe with Barney! Barney's Once Upon a Time (video), Barney's Take Adventure! (1994), Barney Live! in Paramount Theatre, Barney's Bread and Cake Sale, Barney's Fun at the Farm!, Barney's Fun with Brothers and Sisters, Barney's Get to Know the Five Senses!, Barney's Happy Birthday to Carlos!, Barney's Let's Go On the Toyland, Barney's Let's Go To The Mexico, and Let's Go to the Library with Barney first time to use updated Joe Phillips underscores, and musical arrangements would after this one other videos (with the exceptions of Rock with Barney Barney Live! In New York City and Imagination Island) seres as music director In the Kids for Character finale, the live-action shot of Ms. Frizzle played by Lily Tomlin and Liz dressed up as a mascot is cut out and replaced by a couple of shots from the Magic School Bus episode: "In the Haunted House" and this clip from five minute from Barney, Baby Bop, Min, Tosha, and Shawn During "Respect" song will be later in "Let's Show Respect!" (October 1996).